Teaching Reading Comprehension to Students with Learning Difficulties, 2ed$56.99, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
This practitioner resource and course text has given thousands of K-12 teachers evidence-based tools for helping students; particularly those at risk for reading difficulties; understand and acquire new knowledge from text. The authors present a range of scientifically validated instructional techniques and activities, complete with helpful classroom examples and sample lessons. The book describes ways to assess comprehension, build the skills that good readers rely on, and teach students to use multiple comprehension strategies flexibly and effectively. Each chapter features thought-provoking discussion questions. Reproducible lesson plans and graphic organisers can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8½" x 11" size.
New to This Edition
- Chapters on content-area literacy, English language learners, and intensive interventions.
- Incorporates current research on each component of reading comprehension.
- Discusses ways to align instruction with the Common Core State Standards.
- Additional instructional activities throughout.
- Popular, award winning (Choice Outstanding Academic Title) resource, thoroughly revised: features 35% new material.
- Acclaimed for providing clear, evidence based, user friendly approaches.
- More practical material: second edition includes additional classroom activities.
- Broader scope: now covers ELLs and content area literacy.
- Perfect for both general and special education teachers and reading specialists.