Recovery from Trauma, Addiction, or Both: Strategies for Finding Your Best Self$32.99, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Trauma and addiction are two of the most common and difficult issues that people face—but it truly is possible to heal. In this motivating book, leading expert Lisa Najavits explains the link between trauma and addiction and presents science-based self-help strategies that you can use no matter where you are in your recovery. Every chapter features inspiring words from people who have "been there," plus carefully designed reflection questions, exercises, and other practical tools. Learn how you can:
- Build coping skills so that the future is better than the past.
- Keep yourself safe and find support.
- Set your own goals and make a plan to achieve them at your own pace.
- Choose compassion over self-blame and shame.
- Move toward your best self—the person you want to be.