Age Range: 8 to 12
Level: 2nd Grade Readability
Pets Rule!RRP - $51.50 Our Price - $46.95, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
The Third Street Pets rule their neighborhood! Harry is a smart cat with no hair. Tiger is a kitten, but don’t call her a baby! Baz is a loud parrot who wants to be famous. Oscar is a nearsighted dog who borrows people’s glasses. Pippa is a huge dog who’s always hungry. Together, they keep their neighborhood safe from a smelly skunk and a rival group that’s giving pets a bad name. They save a baby, go on a TV show, and deal with the horrors of Fourth of July fireworks.
If you and your students liked the Super-Wild series, you’ll like Pets Rule! Each book:
- is a humorous, one-plot story.
- has highly cohesive text and natural dialogue—if pets could talk.
- draws 95% of its vocabulary from the 1,200 most commonly used words in the English language, with an emphasis on sight and decodable words.
New Cat in Town
- Tiger thinks her new friend is a cat. She’s in for a big surprise!
Fear on the Fourth
- Pippa hates the Fourth of July. When the fireworks start, she runs away and gets lost.
Don’t Blame the Dog
- Oscar’s family has a new baby. When the baby makes trouble, Oscar gets blamed.
- Baz wants to be famous. That’s OK until he starts breaking rules to do it.
- Harry thinks pets should be good. When he meets some pets who are bad, he has to act.