Age Range: 5 to 8
Early Intervention for Reading Difficulties: The Interactive Strategies Approach 2ed$76.00, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Grounded in a strong evidence base, this indispensable text and practitioner guide has given thousands of teachers tools to support the literacy growth of beginning and struggling readers in grades K-2. The interactive strategies approach (ISA) is organised around core instructional goals related to enhancing word learning and comprehension of text. The book provides detailed guidance for assessment and instruction in whole-class, small-group, and one-to-one settings, using the curricular materials teachers already have.
Purchasers get access to a companion website where they can download and print 23 reproducible forms in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size. Of special value, the website also features more than 100 pages of additional printable forms, handouts, and picture sorts that supplement the book's content.
New to This Edition:
- Incorporates the latest research on literacy development and on the ISA.
- Describes connections to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Explains how to use the ISA with English learners.
- Chapter on fluency.
- Expanded coverage of morphological knowledge.
- Companion website with downloadable reproducible tools and extensive supplemental materials.