Trauma Systems Therapy for Children and Teens, 2ed$85.00, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
For too many traumatised children and their families, chronic stressors such as poverty, substance abuse, and family or community violence-; coupled with an overburdened care system; impose seemingly insurmountable barriers to treatment. This highly practical and empowering book provides a user-friendly blueprint for making the most of limited resources to support children and families struggling with chronic, multiple adversities.
Trauma systems therapy (TST) is grounded in cutting-edge research on traumatic stress and child development. It provides a roadmap for integrating individualised treatment with services at the home, school, and community levels. It has been recognised as a treatment of choice by US state mental health agencies nation-wide.
Written in an accessible, modular format with ffective, step-by-step assessment and intervention strategies accompanied by vivid case material and reproducible worksheets and forms. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition
- Restructured to reflect significant conceptual and clinical advances.
- Even more clinician friendly: increased emphasis on practical aspects of assessment and treatment.
- Chapter on organisational planning.
- Chapters on TST innovations, including applications for diverse trauma populations and for problems other than trauma.
- More reproducible clinical tools—now downloadable.