Modifying Schoolwork, 3ed$68.00, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Need quick, practical, ready-to-use guidance on teaching all students—and making appropriate modifications for kids who need extra support? Get a clear and concrete plan for K-12 inclusion in this NEW edition of the bestselling book in the Teachers' Guides to Inclusive Practices series. Packed with field-tested strategies, case studies, and planning tools, this hands-on guide will help teachers deliver effective universal instruction in core content areas and create customised adaptations and flexible supports for students with diverse needs and abilities. Teachers will learn what really works in inclusion, and they'll discover how to seamlessly weave in modifications while encouraging each student's sense of belonging.
New to this edition:
- Practical guidance on implementing Universal Design for Learning
- Content aligns clearly with an RTI framework, with strategies spanning from whole-class instruction to highly individualised adaptations
- More on working with students with significant disabilities and complex learning needs—one of the biggest challenges of inclusion
- Easy-to-print forms that help teachers plan individualised supports and adaptations
- Helpful "focusing questions" at the start of each chapter—perfect for pre service study and teacher book club discussions
- New stories from teachers and parents that spotlight real-world challenges and successes
With printable planning tools!
- Team Roles and Responsibilities Checklist
- Student Profile
- General Assessment of Classroom Activities
- Program Planning Matrix
- Individualised Adaptations and Support Plan
- and more