Co-Teach!: Building and Sustaining Effective Classroom Partnerships in Inclusive Schools, third edition$89.95, Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
Co-teaching continues to expand as a way to meet the needs of students with disabilities and other special needs. The third edition of Co-Teach! reflects this evaluation. It is the definitive source of information on co-teaching for elementary, middle school, and high school co-teachers and their administrators. Designed to be reader-friendly and full of practical information, it includes:
- All the basics about co-teaching (what it is and is not, teacher roles and responsibilities, the rationale for co-teaching)
- Six classic co-teaching approaches as well as new variations of them
- Updated research on the effectiveness of co-teaching
- Real-life co-teaching dilemmas--from those related to professionals to logistics such as planning time--and practical solutions to address them.
- Suggestions for principals and other school leaders on creating and sustaining a co-teaching program.
- Critical information on incorporating specially designed (i.e., special education) instruction as part of co-taught lessons.
Each chapter also includes discussion questions and most also have additional resources such as helpful checklists and templates.
Marilyn Friend is a widely acknowledged expert on co-teaching and wrote this book in response to numerous requests for practical information about co-teaching; from setting up and maintaining successful programs to establishing positive relationship in the classroom to resolving interpersonal and logistics difficulties.