The Differentiated Classroom, 2nd Edition: Responding to the Needs of All Learners$49.95, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Today more than ever, The Differentiated Classroom is a must-have staple for every teachers shelf and every schools professional development collection.
Today's classroom is more diverse, more inclusive, and more plugged into technology than ever before.
In the update of her best-selling, classic work, Carol Ann Tomlinson offers a powerful and practical way to meet a challenge that is both very modern and completely timeless: how teachers can divide their time, resources, and efforts to effectively instruct so many students of various backgrounds, readiness and skill levels, and interests.
With a perspective informed by advances in research and deepened by more than 15 years of implementation feedback in all types of schools, Tomlinson:
- Explains the theoretical basis of differentiated instruction.
- Explores the variables of curriculum and learning environment.
- Explains how to apply the principles of differentiation in schools driven by testing, standards, and accountability.
- Shares dozens of instructional strategies that make it easier to provide multiple learning paths for todays ever more diverse students, including English language learners.
- Goes inside elementary and secondary classrooms in nearly all subject areas to illustrate how real teachers are applying differentiation principles and strategies to respond to the needs of all learners.
This book's insightful guidance for bringing differentiated instruction into your own classroom or refining your work can help each of your wonderfully unique learners move toward greater knowledge, more advanced skills, and expanded understanding.