Age Range: 5 to 14
Powerful Writing Strategies for All Students$89.00, Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
Finally - highly effective, field-tested lesson plans for the students in every elementary and middle school classroom who struggle with writing. The practical how-to follow-up to Graham and Harris' popular Writing Better, this book is just what K-8 educators need to advance all students' writing skills, whether they have learning disabilities or just need extra help.
Teachers will get concise lesson plans they can use to easily supplement their existing writing curriculum. From 20 to 50 minutes each, the lessons:
- address types of writing that are key to academic success, such as writing reports and constructing essays for standardised tests
- help with every phase of the writing process, from planning to revising
- reinforce new skills through group and individual practice
- ensure that improvements are sustained by teaching students critical self-regulation skills they can use independently
- support effective instruction with step-by-step guidelines and optional scripts for teachers
- engage students with mnemonic devices they'll immediately grasp and remember
- include fun photocopiable support materials, such as cue cards, picture prompts, sheets for graphing story parts, and charts for brainstorming and setting goals
Firmly grounded in the authors' Self-Regulated Strategy Development approach, which has been proven effective by two decades of research, these brief, powerful lessons will help transform struggling students into confident, skilled, and motivated writers.