Learning by Doing, 3ed: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work$74.95, Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
Discover how to close the knowing-doing gap and transform your school or district into a high-performing PLC. The powerful third edition of this comprehensive action guide updates and expands on new and significant PLC topics. Explore fresh strategies, tools, and tips for hiring and retaining new staff, creating team-developed common formative assessments, implementing systematic interventions, and more.
Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work is the best-selling guide for action that helps educators close the knowing-doing gap as they transform their schools into professional learning communities (PLCs). Key aspects of PLCs addressed in this book include accountability, formative assessment, collaboration, goals, communication and results orientation.
Through continuous work with educators, the authors have created a more powerful, practical tool for moving forward in the PLC process, by providing a deeper understanding of common PLC challenges.
Key benefits of this 3rd edition:
- Build a shared knowledge of critical vocabulary and the concepts underlying key PLC terms.
- Equip yourself with the knowledge and tools necessary to model effective reciprocal accountability.
- Make honest assessments of your school by examining conventional practices from a fresh, critical perspective.
- Take immediate and specific steps to close the knowing-doing gap.
- Move beyond planning, and start doing.