Crisis Management and the School Community$39.95, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
The award winning Crisis Management and the School Community is an essential guide designed to look at crisis management from a whole school approach. It offers practical response and recovery procedures for school leaders dealing with emergencies, both within the school and in the larger community.
This fully revised second edition takes a broad view of crisis and covers events such as a death in the family, a school fire, student casualties in car accidents, student suicide, natural disasters and terrorist attacks.
Crisis Management and the School Community combines theory and practice to provide guidelines for:
- Managing response and recovery procedures
- Understanding the grieving process
- Developing people management and leadership skills
- Communicating appropriately
- Including staff and students in the recovery process
- Coping better with future crises
- Crisis and its impact are clearly and thoughtfully explained within a whole school approach
- Provides clear and simple step-by-step guides for action
- Includes personal accounts by teachers, principals and others in the school community that provide insight into actual crises and bring the context, problems and possible solutions to life
- A practical workshop approach shows school leaders how to develop their own crisis intervention procedures, with an emphasis on real scenarios.