The Tourette Syndrome & OCD Checklist: A Practical Reference for Parents and Teachers$26.95, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Children with TS are often teased and punished for the unusual yet uncontrollable symptoms of their disorder. Academic failure is common. The Tourette Syndrome/OCD Checklist helps parents and teachers to better understand children and youth with TS and/or OCD and provide the support and interventions these children need.
Written in down-to-earth language and presented in an easy-to-read checklist format, this book helps parents and teachers better understand children and youth with Tourette Syndrome (TS) and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Packed with practical advice, information, and the latest research, this vital resource reveals the support and interventions that can help children with Tourette Syndrome and/or OCD succeed.
The Tourette Syndrome and OCD Checklist:
- Shows how parents can modify their child's behavior and prevent meltdowns
- Presents classroom tips for teachers working with children with TS and OCD
- Includes practical ideas for helping to manage homework assignments
- Offers proven suggestions for advocating for a child with TS and OCD
- Recommends techniques for training teachers to work successfully with kids with TS/OCD
- Provides effective strategies for dealing with challenging behaviors in the classroom
- Includes a model Functional Behavioral Assessment and Positive Behavior Intervention Plan for students with TS and OCD
- Contains practical ideas for teaching social skills to kids with TS/OCD and their peers
Loaded with useful information, strategies, and resources, The Tourette Syndrome and OCD Checklist shows how children affected by TS and OCD can reach their potential in school and in life.