Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils in the Secondary School$71.00, Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
Using ideas that have been tried and tested in the classroom, this book takes a whole school approach to educating gifted and talented pupils in mixed-ability schools. Packed with practical ideas for lessons and containing plenty of case studies that show what can be achieved, this book also provides advice on:
- definitions of gifted and talented;
- how to identify gifted and talented pupils;
- identifying and resolving underachievement;
- support strategies for gifted and talented pupils (in schools and in LEAs);
- different teaching and learning styles;
- devising a tailored curriculum to meet the needs of individual able pupils.
Gifted and Talented Co-ordinators, class teachers and Learning Support Teachers looking for a whole-school approach to helping able pupils thrive within their setting will find this book invaluable.