Age Range: 10+
The Kids Guide to Service Projects, 2edRRP - $27.95 Our Price - $14.95, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Are you looking for ways to connect kids with inspiring, high-quality community service projects? Do you want fresh ideas and suggestions for how to get kids involved in service learning? Then this new edition of Barbara Lewis’s classic youth service guide is for you. The Kid’s Guide to Service Projects (Updated 2nd Edition) contains hundreds of up-to-date service projects and ideas presented in an engaging, kid-friendly format. This guide has something for everyone who wants to make a difference. Features and benefits include:
- Over 500 service project ideas, from simple to large scale
- The “Ten Steps to Successful Service Projects”
- New sections on Internet use and school service learning requirements
- Step-by-step instructions for creating flyers, petitions, press releases, and more
- Endorsed by Youth Service America
The book’s 14 thematic chapters cover topics commonly selected for community service projects: Animals, Community Development, Crime Fighting, The Environment, Health & Wellness, Homelessness, Hunger, Literacy, People with Special Needs, Seniors, Politics & Government, Safety, Transportation, Friendship. Each chapter includes important facts and statistics related to each topic, a host of diverse service project ideas, and listings of service organization contact information.