Age Range: 13 to 80
Cognitive Exercises For Language Intervention: Verbal Reasoning Activities for Adolescents and Adults$59.95, Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
Here is a book that you can use to stimulate language production as clients define words, categorise words, and use language functionally for various communication purposes. The language activities provide clients with practice in using a variety of cognitive strategies as they make comparisons, describe relationships, associate cause and effect, solve problems, share opinions, and so forth. The lessons will be especially useful with brain-injured clients and clients with language learning disabilities.
Examples of instructional Activities:
- Defining Words
- Identifying Multiple Meanings
- Giving Synonyms for Words
- Identifying Words from Descriptions
- Naming Words Associated with Specific Categories
- Completing Sentences using Appropriate Nouns
- Describing Absurdities
- Sequencing Events in Stories
- Completing Sentences by Giving Solutions
- Discussing Alternative Viewpoints
- Explaining a Process
- Expressing Opinions
- Describing Multiple Solutions
- Comparing Situations
- Making Inferences
... and MORE!