Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the freight cost?
- Does Silvereye have a shop as we'd like to view titles before purchase?
- Does Silvereye send titles out 'on approval'?
- How can we pay for an order if we don't want to give credit card details over the internet?
- Is Silvereye open during school holidays?
- How long will it take to get my order?
- Do you have a hardcopy catalogue?
- Terms of Trade
Australian Freight Rates:
- $8.95 for orders up to 3kg
- $9.95 for orders up to 25kg or large/bulky items
Rest of Australia (all States and Territories)
- $7.50 for orders up to 1 kg ($8.95 for rural areas)
- $9.95 for orders up to 3 kg
- $12.95 for orders up to 5 kg ($14.95 for rural areas)
- larger orders charged based on weight and destination
National, under 500g:
- $2.95 for DVD
- $3.95 for thin book (less than 2cm)
There is an additional $2.50 registered post charge for orders over $200 delivered to a PO Box.
New Zealand Freight Rates:
- Based on weight.
- Orders are consolidated and shipped once per week.
- Most orders are delivered by courier
Silvereye does not have a shopfront, however you are welcome to visit our office by appointment: please contact us and we would be happy to arrange a time with you. Ph: +61 (0)2 8090 5395.
If there are specific areas or titles you are interested in, please let us know, so that we can ensure you don't waste your time visiting us if titles are temporarily out of stock or at a conference, etc.
We attend many conferences during the year and are happy to arrange to meet and/or bring specific titles requested: so ask and its possible we will be near you before too long. Last, but not least, look closely on the website as we are putting more and more information on-line such as sample pages. If you can't see enough information for the titles you are interested in, please ask us and we will do our best to provide more information by email or mail.Click here for our postal address.
Silvereye is open all year round except over the Christmas Holidays and on Public Holidays. During holiday periods response to emails and phone messages may be slower than normal due to staff holidays, however we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
We can be contacted in our Business Hours Monday - Friday 9am-5pm on +61 (0)2 8090 5395 or by email using the enquiries page on this website.
- We trade on a Firm Sale basis unless returns are expressly approved (at our discretion). Please choose your order carefully as returned goods will not be accepted without prior authorisation.
- If returns are made without authorisation, costs will still be charged to your account and no credit given.
- Postage and Handling costs on all orders are at the customer's expense and are in addition to all indicated prices on this website and in any flyers, price lists, catalogues or any other materials we may produce from time to time.
- Redelivery charges from our courier partners will be passed on to you - these normally result from incorrect address details being provided or the receiver not being available and/or not responding to courier messages.
- All Backorders are subject to a Freight Charge unless waived at our absolute discretion.
- International Orders are subject to freight based on weight and destination.
- All prices on this website are in Australian doilars.
- NZ Orders will be quoted in NZ dollars on receipt of your order or when a quotation is requested. We do accept payment in NZ dollars. However, credit card payments are always processed in Australian dollars.
- Prices are subject to change at anytime. You are welcome to check current prices with Silvereye prior to placing an order.
- All Accounts are strictly 14 Days from date of invoice and are payable on the invoice. (No Statement will be issued)
- An Account Administration fee of 10% of invoice value will be charged for outstanding accounts over 30 days (from invoice date) and $2.20 for replacement copies of an invoice. Accounts that exceed ninety (90) days will be forwarded to a legal representative and all additional costs associated are to be borne by the customer.
- Pre-payment is required for personal and overseas orders.
- Credit card facilities are available for Visa and Master Card, for orders over $20.00. Payment by cheque is acceptable subject to clearance, and must be made out to Silvereye Learning Resources.
- We do not give credits in cheque/cash or credit on credit card. Credits are added to accounts for future purchases.
- We are able to order resources which are not in the catalogue but for overseas titles there is a waiting period of up to 8 weeks for delivery. These are classed as Special Orders and are also strictly Firm Sale.
Please Understand any credit given is a privilege not a right, not adhering to these terms of trade will result in a loss of credit and Pre-payment required for future orders.