Age Range: 5 to 21
Test of Auditory Processing Skills - 4 (TAPS-4) KitRRP - $359.50 Our Price - $322.50, Kit
Add to CartComponentsAsk Question
An updated version of the popular Test of Auditory Processing Skills.
Features of the new Forth Edition:
Three new subtests were added to the TAPS-4: Processing Oral Directions, Auditory Figure-Ground, and Syllabic Blending. The Auditory Comprehension and Auditory Reasoning subtests from the TAPS-3 were combined and revised into one subtest, Auditory Comprehension, and new items were tested and included in Word Discrimination, Phonological Deletion (previously Phonological Segmentation), Phonological Blending, Word Memory, and Sentence Memory, and scoring was revised for all of the Auditory Memory Index subtests. Also the first 6 subtests are now presented on pre-recorded tracks available on CD, providing more consistent and reliable administration of the phonological subtests.
The TAPS-4 provides information about language processing and comprehension skills across three intersecting areas:
- phonological processing,
- auditory memory
- listening comprehension.
These areas underpin the development of effective listening and communication skills, and are critical to the development of higher order language skills, including literacy skills.
The TAPS-4 features new subtests along with revisions to subtests from the TAPS-3, fully updated norms, and an expanded age range. The TAPS-4 subtests were also reorganized into Index and Supplemental subtests, reducing testing burden and increasing flexibility in administration.
The TAPS-4 also features audio administration for the subtests in which proper pronunciation of speech sounds is critical, providing a greater degree of standardization and accuracy during the testing process.
The TAPS-4 has 11 subtests, organized into three indices:
Phonological Processing Index:
- Word (Pair) Discrimination: Assesses an individualís ability to discriminate whether a given word pair is the same or different
- Phonological Deletion: Assesses an individualís ability to manipulate phonemes within words
- Phonological Blending: Assesses an individualís ability to synthesize a word given the individual phonemes
- Syllabic Blending (Supplemental): Assesses an individualís ability to synthesize a nonsense word given the individual syllables
Auditory Memory Index:
- Number Memory Forward: Assesses an individualís ability to recall an auditory sequence of numbers in the given order
- Word Memory: Assesses an individualís ability to recall an auditory sequence of words in the given order
- Sentence Memory: Assesses an individualís ability to recall a spoken sentence
- Number Memory Reversed (Supplemental): Assesses an individualís ability to recall an auditory sequence of numbers in the reverse order
Listening Comprehension Index:
- Processing Oral Directions (without background noise): Assesses an individualís ability to process and recall oral directions when presented in quiet listening conditions
- Auditory Comprehension: Assesses an individualís ability to comprehend oral language at the sentence and narrative level, including literal recall, inference, and higher order language tasks such as idioms and figurative language
- Auditory Figure-Ground (Processing Oral Directions with background noise) (Supplemental): Assesses an individualís ability to process and recall oral directions when presented with competing background noise
The TAPS-4 assesses five narrow abilities across three broad skill areas as defined in the Cattell-Horn-Carroll (CHC) theory of cognitive abilities:
- Memory Span (MS)
- Working Memory Capacity (MW)
- Phonetic Coding (PC)
- Resistance to Auditory Stimulus Distortion (UR)
- Listening Ability (LS)
Administration and Scoring
TAPS-4 Index subtests can be administered in one hour or less. Scaled scores are provided for subtests; standard scores are provided for cores and the overall score. Discrepancy scores allow comparison of performance across subtests.
- Individual Administration
- Ages 5 through 21
- Testing Time: 60Ė90 Minutes
- Qualification Level B
|Test of Auditory Processing Skills - 4 (TAPS-4) Kit||Kit||$322.50||Add to Cart|
|Test of Auditory Processing Skills (TAPS-4) Test Bookle||Forms||$147.50||Add to Cart|
|Test of Auditory Processing Skills - 4 (TAPS-4) Manual||Softcover||$132.95||Add to Cart|
|TAPS-4 Auditory Figure-Ground Optional Subtest||CD||$74.95||Add to Cart|