Inclusion In Action 3nd EditionRRP - $122.95 Our Price - $99.95, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
Inclusion in Action presents the fundamental knowledge and skills that teachers need to provide appropriate programs for students with additional learning needs in regular classes.
It outlines the philosophy of inclusive practice and explains key processes such as adapting curriculum to meet individual needs, planning teaching strategies, encouraging positive interaction, ensuring smooth transitions and working collaboratively.
This extensively revised third edition includes seven new chapters within a revised overall structure, providing a fresh approach to the field. All chapters have been fully updated to reflect the latest research, policy developments and practice guidelines.
Throughout it emphasises a practical, research-based approach to teaching that can be applied across a diverse range of students with additional educational needs.
- Encourages a teaching approach based on assessment of individual student needs rather than specialised teaching approaches for particular disabilities.
- Narratives with personal stories and case studies from parents, students, teachers and other professionals provide real-life situations to put the theory into context.
- Boxed examples provide teaching tips and illustrate practical approaches to assist in good inclusive practice.
- End-of-chapter discussion questions, group activities and individual activities give readers the opportunity to apply theories and review key concepts from the chapters.
- A comprehensive list of references for specific disabilities points readers towards further disability-specific sources of information.