Age Range: 5 to 18
Best Behavior: Building Positive Behavior Support in SchoolRRP - $190.00 Our Price - $129.95, Softcover
Add to CartAsk Question
Student behaviour problems are constant and pervasive obstacles to effective education. Yet schools often take singular approaches that result in undisciplined students, frustrated personnel, and disconnected parents. Best Behavior is a comprehensive, evidence-based system of scalable interventions that employs a collaborative approach to establishing a positive school climate.
Best Behavior is:
- Adaptable. The program can be tailored to fit all schools
- Sustainable. The comprehensive staff development system ensures that the program will remain effective and hassle-free
- Compatible. Best Behavior can be used as a stand-alone program or as a supplement to an existing system
This resource follows the positive behavioural support (PBS) approach developed at the University of Oregon and the national research centre on Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
The following material is included in this new edition:
- Companion and supplemental materials providing advanced examples and detailed scripts for implementing key aspects of the Best Behavior approach
- Checklists to guide program implementation
- New materials for involving parents and guardians
- An all-new chapter whichincludes harassment, bullying, and cyber bullying resources
- A case study of one schools experience using the Best Behavior system
Best Behavior addresses schoolwide, classroom, and individual student interventions, as well as family collaboration. It is one of the few programs that offers support for all students in a school. Intervention techniques are based on more than 30 years of rigourous research in school discipline from the fields of education, psychology, and criminology.