Age Range: 7 to 14
Level: 1st Grade Readability
Sound Out InfoMAG Set CRRP - $47.50 Our Price - $44.95, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
InfoMAG uses Sound Out levels to make informational text highly accessible for struggling readers. Crammed with lively graphics and enticing pictures, there are six books in the set, each containing about 15 short reading passages in a variety of engaging formats, from e-mails and blogs to restaurant menus and lists of idioms, all while maintaining a 75% decodability ratio! Designed for independent or one-on-one reading, InfoMAG supports development of decoding skills and informational/nonfiction reading goals at the same time.
Each book contains lists of fully decodable story words and high frequency words at the end of each book.
- real world reading
- contains mostly wholly decodable words
- variety of reading subjects and forms
- ideal for teacher-guided instruction
As with all Sound Out sets, each set has three volumes at two adjacent levels. InfoMAG Set C covers Sound Out levels 5 and 6 skills (see Sound Out chart). InfoMAG Set A covers levels 1 and 2 skills and InfoMAG Set B covers levels 3 and 4 skills.
- Level 5 focuses on one- and two-syllable words, contractions, compound words, and words with inflectional endings.
- Level 6 focuses on one- and two-syllable words, syllable division patterns, schwa sound, and words with affixes.
Included for instructional use at the end of each InfoMAG book are word lists of High-Frequency Words and Content Words.