Teacher's Pocket Guide for Positive Behavior Support: Targeted Classroom Solutions$46.99, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
What should teachers do when universal Tier 1 behaviour supports don't sufficiently meet the needs of all children? Next steps can be tricky to navigate when students appear at risk for developing recurring problem behaviour - and that's why every teacher needs this concise, strategy-packed guidebook on targeted behaviour intervention and support.
Authors Tim Knoster and Robin Drogan are in-demand experts with a combined 50 years of experience training teachers in positive behaviour support in the classroom. Together, they bring you a friendly, encouraging guide to Tier 2 positive behaviour support, ready to use in schools with or without an existing PBIS system. Brimming with down-to-earth advice, proven strategies, and relatable anecdotes, this book will get you ready to further prevent behaviour challenges and create a safe, positive learning environment for each student in your class.
Discover How To:
- Determine which students will benefit from targeted behaviour supports
- Choose formal and informal targeted supports that meet each student's needs
- Make the most of targeted supports already available if your school uses PBIS
- Organise and develop Tier 2 supports on your own if your school doesn't currently implement PBIS
- Strengthen your interventions through effective data collection and analysis
- Fade out or step up the intensity of interventions and supports when necessary
- Recognise when students need more intensive, individualised Tier 3 supports
Practical Materials: Case stories in each chapter that illustrate different behaviour supports in action, sample Behaviour Contracts and Good Behaviour Charts, an at-a-glance guide to social-emotional screeners, quick-reference charts on the features and uses of specific supports, and more.