Age Range: 2 to 10
Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Families: A Model Of Individualized Positive Behavior Support For Home And Community$82.00, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
The popular, research-based Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model is used in schools and childcare settings to address challenging behaviours in children with and without disabilities. Now, with the Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Families (PTR-F) model in this accessible guidebook, you can use this proven approach with families to help them resolve their child's challenging behaviour in their own homes and communities.
Developed by top behaviour experts, PTR-F is a highly effective intervention model that helps families prevent behaviour problems in children ages 2–10, teach proactive communication and social skills, and reinforce positive behaviour. In this expertly organised book, you'll discover how to take on the role of PTR-F facilitator to meet each family's unique needs, and you'll get a clear 5-step process for guiding families as they promote their child's positive behaviour (see below). With this comprehensive, adaptable model of behaviour support, you'll strengthen family engagement, set each child on the path to healthy social-emotional development, and improve quality of life for the entire family.
Help Families with the 5-Step PTR-F Process:
- Initiating the process. Establish a partnership with the family, and then work together to set individualised goals and develop a vision for the child's future.
- Assessment. Guide the family through the steps of functional behavioural assessment (FBA) to uncover the triggers and functions behind the child's behaviour.
- Intervention. Using results of the FBA, help the family choose from a menu of intervention options to build a behaviour support plan that meets their specific needs.
- Coaching. Conduct meetings with the family, acting as cheerleader and coach and guiding the family to implement the behaviour support plan with fidelity in home and community settings.
- Monitoring. Review behavioural data with the family to monitor how well the plan is being implemented and whether the child is making progress.
This resource includes practical, printable forms (including a Behaviour Rating Scale for data collection, Assessment Checklists, Behaviour Support Plan Summary, Fidelity of Strategy Implementation Form, and complete PTR-F Plan Implementation Guide), plus extended case examples that walk you through the PTR-F steps and bring the process to life.