Diversities in Education: Effective ways to reach all learners$56.99, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
Diversities in Education is a challenging text that will help educators, teacher educators and trainee teachers to be more effective in teaching a range of diverse learners. It covers five major categories of difference: sex and gender; social class and socio-economic status; race, ethnicity and culture; beliefs and religion; and different abilities and asks the urgent questions all policy-makers, educators and students should consider:
- Why should we value diversity and human rights?
- How can inclusive education accommodate diversity?
- How do societyís aspirations for cohesion and harmony impact on people who are different?
- What meanings are given to differences, culturally and historically?
- Should educators seek to accentuate, eliminate, reduce or ignore differences?
By drawing attention to the latest research into the most effective educational policies and practices, this insightful book suggests strategies for meeting the challenges being posed in an era of superdiversity. Itís a crucial read for any training or practising educator who wants to address the issue of diversity, learn effective ways to reach all learners and create more inclusive and harmonious societies.