How To Enhance the Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing of Secondary Students with SENRRP - $44.99 Our Price - $39.95, Softcover (inc CD)
Add to CartAsk Question
This comprehensive yet practical book provides professionals working with secondary students with SEN with a framework to develop their everyday practice in building students’ emotional resilience and strengthening their mental health. It offers strategies for whole-school emotional wellbeing provision as well as customisable intervention plans to be used in small groups and with individuals on a one-to-one basis.
Its user-friendly content is informed by contemporary national policies and recommendations and provides a theoretical background to support practical copiable activities and worksheets that will guide practitioners’ work.
This book is essential for practitioners working directly with secondary students with SEN as well as those who work in partnership with secondary school settings and their students. It is also invaluable to the families of young people with SEN who are looking for ideas on how best to support their child’s emotional wellbeing.
This book is full of information, suggestions and tried-and-tested activities to build the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to improve the mental health of young people with SEN. It will help you to:
- understand typical adolescent developmental milestones and transitions and the impact of SEN
- understand the key mental health difficulties found in adolescents
- know how to assess emotional need and who needs to be involved in this process
- be able to plan, personalise, deliver and assess an intervention programme
- support emotional wellbeing across different contexts.
Contains 128 A4 pages and a CD-ROM with printable activities.