Age Range: 5 to 99
The Stories Within: Developing inclusive drama and story-making$71.95, Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
A comprehensive toolkit for creating inclusive drama & storytelling. An innovative approach to developing inclusive story-making and drama with both children and adults. Emphasises developing original stories rather than using traditional storylines or scripts, shows how to create drama games or adapt existing ones to the specific needs of your group.
- Preparation & planning
- Creating a sensory storytelling kit
- Developing inclusive practice in schools and groups
- Working with adults: rediscovering play & creating age-appropriate stories
- Practical workshop structures
- Problems, strategies & solutions.
Contains a number of workshops outlines which include details for preparation and planning, ideas for props, sample scripts, story outlines, drama games and practical ideas and solutions. For guidance, the workshops are themed by type of group and include:
- A mystery drama in one session
- Working with large mixed ability groups
- Working with an unplanned change of venue
- Adolescent groups with ASD
- Working in mixed inclusive settings
- Working with teenage groups
- Working with adults with learning disability
- Working in adult care settings
Ideal for use by teachers, drama practitioners and therapists this book provides all the tools needed to create original drama and stories.