The Hands-On Guide to School Improvement: Transform Culture, Empower Teachers, And Raise Student Achievement$49.95, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
This no-nonsense handbook from a working principal helps school leaders bring transformational change to struggling or under-performing schools. Based on the wisdom and experience gained during the authorís years as a teacher and principal in Chicago public schools, the book shows you how to become a visionary leader and build a culture of respect and harmony as a foundation for improvement. Look inside to find strategies, advice, and ideas for:
- Developing rules and procedures that create a welcoming, respectful climate everywhere in your school, from classrooms to the cafeteria
- Recruiting, coaching, evaluating, and supporting effective teachersóand initiating difficult conversations with teachers who are under-performing
- Bringing staff on board with your vision, and preparing them to make big changes
- Making your school a visible, active part of the neighbourhood and community, and forging partnerships with key stakeholders
- Putting instructional leadership at the centre of your work and spending more of your time in hallways and classrooms than in your office
- Making high-quality professional development a priority
- Empowering teachers to manage their classrooms effectively, deal with challenging issues, and boost student performance
- Being ready and able to make tough decisions when difficult situations arise
Whatever your vision for changing your school, The Hands-On Guide to School Improvement gives you the tools you need to make that vision a reality.
Digital content includes tools for assessing lesson plans and grade books, coaching teachers, surveying staff, and more.