Speech and Language Evaluation Scale (SLES-2): Second EditionRRP - $366.00 Our Price - $349.00, Kit
Add to CartAsk Question
The Speech and Language Evaluation Scale - Second Edition (SLES-2) was developed to aid in-school screening and referral of students with speech and language problems. The SLES-2 provides the clinician with comprehensive input from classroom teachers, without lengthy anecdotal reporting. Each sub scale is associated with one of the most commonly recognised characteristics of speech and language disorders: Articulation, Voice, Fluency, Form, Content, and Pragmatics.
Internal consistency, test-retest, and inter-rater reliability; item and factor analysis; and content, construct, and criterion-related validity are documented and reported for the scale.
The Pre-Referral Speech and Language Checklist provides accurate observational information from classroom teachers for screening and referral.
The SLES-2 is an excellent choice for speech/language clinicians and pathologists when making decisions about additional testing and services for students with speech and language problems.
Characteristics and Components of the SLES-2
- The SLES-2 is based on the federal definition of speech and language impairment (IDEIA, 2004) and the speech and language disorders definitions recognised by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA, 1993).
- The SLES-2 was standardised on a total of 2,573 students.
- The standardisation sample included students from 14 states, represented all geographic regions of the United States, and closely approximated the 2011 demographic characteristics of the United States.
- Factor analysis confirmed the six SLES-2 sub scales.
- The SLES-2 provides separate norms for male and female students 4 through 18 years of age.
- The SLES-2 can be completed in approximately 20 minutes and includes 68 items easily observed and documented by educational personnel.
- The Pre-Referral Speech and Language Checklist provides a format for identifying behaviours in need of intervention.
- The Speech and Language Classroom Intervention Manual includes IEP goals, objectives, and interventions for all 68 items on the scale.
- The SLES-2 Quick Score computer program converts raw scores to standard scores and percentiles which make scoring efficient and convenient.