Teaching Everyone: An Introduction to Inclusive Education$125.00, Softcover
Add to CartAsk Question
The new generation of teachers needs a new kind of special education textbook—one that focuses on children, not labels. That's why Whitney Rapp & Katrina Arndt developed Teaching Everyone, the first text that fully prepares teachers to see past disability labels and work with all students' individual needs and strengths.
Accessible and forward-thinking, this inclusive special education text will get K-12 teachers ready to work effectively within today's schools and meet the learning needs of a wide range of students. Educators will:
- Align their teaching with the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Initial Content Standards. Each chapter clearly explains how the content helps students meet specific standards.
- Discover a truly progressive, inclusive approach to education. Breaking free of a categorical approach to disability, this text reveals how to stop relying on labels to access supports for students—and work with each child as an individual instead.
- Get comprehensive information in one volume. A thorough primer on inclusive special education, this textbook covers all the critical topics teachers need to know about (see below), for a fraction of the cost of similar textbooks.
- Learn effective teaching strategies for major academic content areas. Educators will get clear, research-backed strategies for teaching reading, writing, science, math, and social studies—including guidance on keeping students engaged and assessing their progress.
- Get a deep and personal understanding of student and teacher perspectives. With the case studies and narratives from teachers and people with disabilities, educators will have keen first-hand insights that will inform their teaching for years to come.
A foundational text for tomorrow's teachers; and a valuable reference for inservice teachers who want to sharpen and update their skills; this important volume will help usher in an era of truly inclusive classrooms where all children learn and thrive.
With cutting-edge information on
- differentiated instruction
- universal design for learning
- instructional strategies for academic content areas
- assessment and evaluation
- social and communication skills
- response to intervention
- early intervention policy and practices
- classroom management positive behavioural interventions and supports (PBIS)
- functional behaviour assessment
- home-school collaboration
- teacher collaboration
- transition to adulthood
- special education legislation
- child and adolescent development