Age Range: 5 to 18
Map It Out: Visual Tools for Thinking, Organizing, and CommunicatingRRP - $100.00 Our Price - $89.95, Softcover (inc CD)
Add to CartComponentsAsk Question
Map It Out is the perfect resource for students who rely heavily on visual cues for learning and communicating, including individuals with autism and auditory processing difficulties. This 328-page book and customisable CD-ROM provide graphic organisers and 50 reproducible units of conceptual maps targeting the following language areas:
Meaning and Content (Semantics)
- Word Definitions
- Verbal Analogies
- Metaphors and Similes
- Story Organiser
- Interpreting Text Titles
- Who-Story Analysis
- Dynamic Characterisation
- Decision-Making Requests for Clarification
- Perspective Taking
- Negotiating Terms
- Developing Trust
School Knowledge/Study Skills
- Remembering Events
- Remembering Teacher Instructions
- School (Organisational) Culture
Each Map It Out unit relates to academic and social situations faced by youth at all levels of instruction. The units provide:
- An introduction with sample dialogue and ideas for extending activities.
- A master map to use as a teacherís guide to summarise the key relationships.
- A completed map to illustrate how students might use the map.
- A blank work map to hand out to students to complete individually or as a group.
With Map It Out you will have one or more maps at your fingertips to use each day, especially when youíre using the classroom curriculum for the basis of your intervention or if you are providing collaborative instruction with general and special educators!
The Map It Out Customisable Word Maps CD-ROM allows you to type information into the chart and then read the customised map on-screen or print it out for instructional use.
|Map It Out|
Visual Tools for Thinking, Organizing, and Communicating
|Softcover (inc CD)||$89.95||Add to Cart|
|Map It Out|
Visual Tools for Thinking, Organizing and Communicating
|Softcover||$80.00||Add to Cart|