Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Young Children: The Early Childhood Model of Individualized Positive Behavior Support$79.00, Softcover (inc CD)
Add to cartQuestions?
Now early childhood professionals have their own guide to the popular Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model: the research-proven, family-centred approach used in many schools to resolve challenging behaviours. Developed by top behaviour experts, this practical, reader-friendly guidebook shows you how to improve the social-emotional development and prevent challenging behaviours of young children in pre-school settings by:
- Preventing behaviour problems
- Teaching proactive communication and social skills
- Reinforcing positive behaviour
A highly effective approach drawn from the research and principles of applied behaviour analysis and positive behaviour support, Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Young Children will help you:
- resolve persistent challenging behaviours
- address problem behaviours common in younger children
- set individualised goals for children
- conduct family-centred assessment and intervention
- help children with and without disabilities
- work effectively with diverse families
- collect reliable data and use it to inform next steps
The CD-ROM includes planning forms and worksheets tailored for early childhood programs, including a Goal Sheet, Daily Log, Behaviour Rating Scale, Intervention Menu, and Team Implementation Guide. And four detailed case examples walk you through the PTR-YC steps and implementation.
Ideal for a wide range of early childhood settings; including pre-schools, Head Start, and child care programs; this practical guide will help you resolve even the toughest behaviour challenges in young children.