Dyspraxia in the Early Years: Identifying and Supporting Children with Movement Difficulties, 2ed$56.99, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
Today there are more children than ever before in need of a variety of additional support needs, and many of these children have poor movement as a key contributory factor. Even in children with no specific ‘label’, movement is being found to be linked to learning, and educational professionals need to understand what is amiss and how to support children who do not meet their motor milestones at the correct time.
The brand new topic areas featured in this comprehensive and practical 2nd edition include:
- a discussion of terminology and labelling (in light of current inclusion guidelines)
- a range of age specific activities
- a section on the neurology of dyspraxia, showing the motor pathways that are energised and define motor competence
- a greater emphasis on balance, coordination and control
- examples from children of how movement is dependent on planning, sequencing and organising
- more practical activities that can form the basis of a programme to support the children.
Practical strategies are provided throughout this authoritative book, so that teachers and other professionals can identify and understand movement difficulties, are empowered to support the children, and work effectively with the parents.