Making ALL Kids Smarter: Instructional Strategies for Multiple Intelligences$48.99, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
A hands-on guide for challenging ALL kids to think, create, and aspire!
John DeLandtsheer brings 40 years of experience as a teacher, administrator, and gifted education specialist to this motivating resource that clearly explains why and how teachers must raise the bar for all students. He provides specific strategies for differentiating instruction within the general classroom to challenge all learners with more rigourous content and creativity, showing teachers how to:
- Teach to the strengths of all children—including gifted students
- Apply six components of a brain-friendly classroom
- Build critical thinking skills with the Icons of Depth and Complexity strategy, Socratic questioning and moral dilemmas
- Connect content through interdisciplinary themes
- Stimulate creativity with brainstorming activities
- Foster learning within and beyond the classroom by developing students' research and study skills.
The book provides a broad selection of exercises, activities and lesson plans that work together to create more motivating and engaging learning experiences for all students.