Acceleration for Gifted Learners, K-5: Applied Acceleration K-5$69.00, Softcover
Add to CartAsk Question
Raise the bar on accelerated learning and discover new possibilities that go beyond minimum proficiency!
Written for K–5 teachers, this practical guide corrects misunderstandings in the field of acceleration and provides the tools necessary to effectively determine the most appropriate learning options for gifted students. Through real-life stories, well-known authors in gifted education Joan Smutny, Sally Y. Walker, and Elizabeth A. Meckstroth, dispel the common myths about acceleration and describe what it is, what forms it takes, and what it can do for gifted learners—intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
Presenting nuts-and-bolts guidance, this valuable resource provides:
- Numerous case studies, helpful checklists, and reproducible forms
- Prevailing theories and current research
- Social-emotional aspects of acceleration practices
- Instructional strategies for implementation in various school settings
- Learning opportunities for underserved groups, such as multicultural and urban students
- Bibliographies and helpful Web sites
Offering a new perspective on how prevailing attitudes have deprived students of opportunities to develop their talents, Acceleration for Gifted Learners, K–5, directly reflects the 2004 Templeton Report in validating the urgency to meet gifted students’ needs.