Managing Classroom Behavior Using Positive Behavior Supports$147.95, Paperback
Add to CartAsk Question
Written as a methods manual for positive behaviour support (PBS) in school settings, this book focuses on practical strategies for the classroom with step-by-step application examples. After an opening chapter that reviews the key literature and concepts related to evidence-based practice in positive behaviour support, the text quickly moves on to a well-organised collection of indispensable tutorials, methods, and applications for teachers written in clear, down-to-earth language and supplemented with real-life examples.
- A “How-to” approach encourages readers to focus on concept applications and strategies.
- Organised in a sequential manner giving readers a systematic schema to understand how PBIS principles are applied at the school-wide, classroom, and individual levels.
- A “teacher friendly” writing style focuses the reader on the application of positive behaviour support instead of on terminology or technical vocabulary.
- Real-life scenarios are used to link the steps and sub-components of strategies, helping readers identify the important components and applications of specific strategies through others’ classroom experiences.
- Clear definitions of key terms and concepts, which are further explained with the use of tables and examples, allow readers to easily understand and synthesise new material.
- Helpful tables and graphics are used throughout the text to clarify complex relationships and decisions in a more visual format.